Brighter Lights = Bigger Savings
There is no Better Time than Now to Upgrade
(Click for Our LED Special)
Your greatest energy glutton in today's commercial/industrial buildings is the commercial LIGHTING!
Not even heating or cooling comes close!
For this reason alone, a commercial/industrial buildings?2atest source of energy savings just happens to be, its' commercial LIGHTING!
Your commercial lighting upgrade will:
- Lighten your energy bills -
- Brighten your initial cost with rebates, tax breaks, and more.
With the technology used in current lamps and ballasts cutting your energy costs by 30% to 60%, and all but guaranteeing a rapid payback, you have every reason to upgrade today!
Typical replacement incentives include:
- Replacing your 1000 watt fixtures with a T5 fixture will reduce energy consumption by about 600 watts per fixture, and the utility company will give you $200.00, per fixture, to do it;
- Your 400 watt fixtures will earn you a $100.00 rebate;
- Change T12 to T5, Replace 34 watt lamps with 28 watt lamps, usually with out changing ballasts or sockets, $25 per fixture replaced or $10 per 1-4 lamp fixture retro-fitted;
- Energy saving motion sensors to turn your lights off when those areas are not being used.
For a quick review chart of the requirements and incentives, click here.
(Keep reading after referrals)
Ever wonder what you might think after we upgrade your company's commercial lighting?
You will probably, no, most assuredly, feel the same as our clients listed here.
Click these links to read the letters some of our clients are writing to us:
Brendon McMahon, Vice President Operations, Diamond Chemical, East Rutherford, NJ - "Globus Electric was recently contracted to upgrade the lighting" more
Ken Dietz, President and Steve Deitz, Vice President, M. Deitz & Sons, Inc., Hillside, NJ - "This letter is to thank you for the recent job you" more
Michael E. Pikulin, Project Engineer, Marisol, Inc/Veolia Environmental, Bound Brook, NJ - "I wanted to send you a note to let you know it was an absolute" more
Steve Matilsky, Principal Partner, Palent + Matilsky, LLC, West Orange, NJ - "I am writing this letter to recommend Globus Electric, Inc. for your" more
James Merics, Rand Diversified, Edison, NJ - "The lighting system is completed and we have been using it now for a couple of" more
Michael P. Madigan, Facilities Manager, ThermoFisher Scientific, "I wanted to thank you for the excellent work performed by Globus" "more
Qualifying for incentives requires some real effort, because many programs knit an unwieldy netting of regulations and protocols. Additionally, the installation may require substantial upgrades in hardware and software to either harvest sunlight or reduce consumption during peak periods.
However, the budding savings are too great to ignore. Payback is generally within a year or two and the rest is gravy.
A site guide to the state and utility sponsored incentives is business.gov, which has a state-by-state list of programs, including programs that also provide financing with grants and loans.
Uncle Sam, under the provisions of the Commercial Building Deduction, allows deductions of $1.80 per square foot for offices, schools, warehouses, retail establishments, and government buildings if:
- your upgrade reduces energy and power consumption by 50%,
- and follows the provisions of the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
For commercial lighting upgrades that employ dual switching and reduce your power consumption by at least 25%, you can earn a partial deduction of $0.30 per square foot.
With the dual switching and a 40% reduction, your allowance climbs to $0.60 per square foot.
- Certifications must be performed by qualified contractors who are not associated with the project or taxpayer;
- All calculations must be performed with DOE-approved software.
Due to the growing concern of strained infrastructure and supposed toxic effects of carbon emissions, you can realize substantial rewards in the forms of rebates and tax breaks from your state, regional utility companies, and the federal government. Check these Websites.
- For the New Jersey Smart Start web site,
- The IRS deduction is described at IRS Deductions
- For additional information and guidance, please visit the Energy Star Website.
How Much Might You Save?
|Common Lighting Control Strategies||Savings|
|Dimming: Enables your fixtures to dim, for use in some following strategies||Variable|
|Occupancy Sensing: Adjusts lighting based on sensing occupancy||Up to 40%|
|Scheduling: Turn-off or dim lighting by a preset schedule||Up to 40%|
|Advanced Lighting Control Strategies||Savings|
|Daylight Harvesting: Using Photo-sensors, adjust electric light levels taking natural light levels into account||Up to 20%|
|Task Tuning: Reduce maximum light levels according to the requirements of each space||Up to 20%|
|Demand Response: Reduce peak time light levels according to automated signals from power companies||Variable|
|Personal Control: Enable individuals to set light level according to their own preferences||Up to 10%|
|Energy Management: Use software for an ongoing improvement in controls settings and strategies||Variable|
|Automated Maintenance: Monitor ballast and lamp life to reduce ongoing maintenance costs||Up to 10%|
|Combined Lighting Energy Cost Savings||Up to 70%|
Let's add up all your benefits right here:
- You will use up to 70% less energy for your lighting and get an equal amount of light or more;
- $16.00 to $200.00 rebate, per fixture from your power company for each HID fixture replaced;
- Unlike HID fixtures, fluorescents are instant on, no warm-up time after shut down or at start up;
- Longer life on lamps and ballasts, plus a much lower cost for lamp and ballast replacement;
- Incentives for your motion sensors also;
- Very fast return on investment.
Call now - start saving your money, your energy, and get your incentive checks.
We're filled with